Discussion : Should you Save for your Future

in #discussion5 years ago

I usually hear this question popping up in our office discussions or even saw in some Q/A site. So let's discuss both the aspects of it.

Let's Say there are two freinds let them call A and B both earn $100 in a month. One save $50 and other did not save anything but he creates memories by enjoying his life from that $100. A being a conservative one does not go out to eat much, does not travel often and saves as much as possible whereas B is totally opposite of it.

So the question is should you become A or B. Both are good in their spending patters, one spend for future and other for his memories. Now since we all might have heard once that Life is Short, I.e. enjoy as much as possible, so if we think that way then B is good. Bit what if you live for 70 years and you dont want to work after 50 and just relax after 50 then the path taken by A is good.

As far as I know, you should live in your present and keep an eye on the future. That's what i do most of the time, I try to save as much as possible but not at the expense of today. What I meant to say I do save money for the future but not to retire early but just to play safe, though I enjoy my life too either by travelling or doing what I like. Since you cannot predict future you need to be prepared on both fronts, and that's what I try to do.

Let's hear from you, what you think?

Sort:  

I think you should try and be a mix of both. Currently I am more like person A since I don't have much money, but in the future I hope to go more towards person B, haha.

That's true Amos you need to have a mix of both, though people think that they can save now and enjoy in future whereas that never happens because the future will bring more responsibility on you which might still stop you to enjoy.

Thanks for using eSteem!
Your post has been voted as a part of eSteem encouragement program. Keep up the good work! Install Android, iOS Mobile app or Windows, Mac, Linux Surfer app, if you haven't already!
Learn more: https://esteem.app
Join our discord: https://discord.gg/8eHupPq

Congratulations! This post has been upvoted from the communal account, @minnowsupport, by codingdefined from the Minnow Support Project. It's a witness project run by aggroed, ausbitbank, teamsteem, someguy123, neoxian, followbtcnews, and netuoso. The goal is to help Steemit grow by supporting Minnows. Please find us at the Peace, Abundance, and Liberty Network (PALnet) Discord Channel. It's a completely public and open space to all members of the Steemit community who voluntarily choose to be there.

If you would like to delegate to the Minnow Support Project you can do so by clicking on the following links: 50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP.
Be sure to leave at least 50SP undelegated on your account.

Hi @codingdefined!

Your post was upvoted by @steem-ua, new Steem dApp, using UserAuthority for algorithmic post curation!
Your UA account score is currently 5.156 which ranks you at #883 across all Steem accounts.
Your rank has dropped 1 places in the last three days (old rank 882).

In our last Algorithmic Curation Round, consisting of 339 contributions, your post is ranked at #156.

Evaluation of your UA score:
  • You've built up a nice network.
  • The readers like your work!
  • You have already shown user engagement, try to improve it further.

Feel free to join our @steem-ua Discord server

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.36
TRX 0.12
JST 0.040
BTC 70446.49
ETH 3571.68
USDT 1.00
SBD 4.73