You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Is "Tribalism" Good, Bad or Indifferent? Is "Us vs. Them Our Strength or Our Downfall?

in #discussion6 years ago

Are all our groups, tribes and affiliations a GOOD thing?
That's like asking is blood sugar a good thing
is hemoglobin a good thing?

The monkeysphere is the way our minds are wired. Two ways to get around it...
One...a post scarcity economy
Two...genetic engineering..

Sort:  

The monkeysphere is the way our minds are wired.

OK, so the monkeysphere is the way our brain is wired.
The next question — at least for me — becomes whether we simply "accept" that as the final answer and say "... so therefore we can't help ourselves," OR do we stay vigilant and conscious our brain wiring and say "these are the ways in which this is not serving us," and take steps to rise above the limitations.
For sure, a post-scarcity economy would do away with a lot of bickering.
Modern neuroscience also suggests that we can, after a fashion, rewrite our neural nets to bypass certain types of thinking/trauma; it requires practice and dedication.
Humans do change, in response to their environment, and it doesn't have to take 100's of years. Take, for example, the decline in testosterone of men in western nations over the part 40 years as a result of technology taking over traditionally "physical" requirements. In a sense, that's almost a form of environmental genetic engineering.

can you seen in ultra violet?
can you hear in infra sound?
same thing..
Is wishing rilly, rilly hard gonna change anything?
oh yeah...i forgot to mention the bell curve.

WishingI could see in ultraviolet (alone) doesn't make anything so.
But wishing fuels the imagination.
The imagination fuels invention.
Invention creates change... I come up with a pair of glasses that (safely) allows me to see in ultraviolet.
It's that, or sitting indifferently around on our butts saying "nothing can be helped, pass me another beer."
Both approaches exist.

like I said...the only way to change the hardwiring is external influence...Hypnois (probably won't work) drugs (lots of experimenting going on...school shooting comes to mind) , genetic engineering ( someone else go first...I'll watch)...Direct Neural Interface (what I'm betting on)...or perhaps something else..

But wishing REALLY hard...won't hack the program.

You can completely regenerate all the cells in your body, it happens naturally every 7 years you are completely replenished.
Who is to say that if you spent every day of those 7 years thinking positive thoughts and consciously asking for new neural connections, new cells... Add to that a cellular detox plan and focus on eating life regenerative foods, yoga, mindfulness, awareness.
We each have choices daily we make which shape our future. It's never too late to choose to love ourselves.

an analogy.
Stipulate: by using a cellular detox plan and focus on eating life regenerative foods, yoga, mindfulness, awareness

I don't happen to believe that...but lets say that it's true.

Doesn't matter, by doing that you alter the societal programming...that's all.
It does nothing to the Operating System.
Monkeysphere is hardwired into the Human Operating System. It's MUCH deeper than the societal programming.

What you believe will be true.
I believe in the infinite possibility drive and I chose to activate 🌟
Blessings to you in your unique journey

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.30
TRX 0.11
JST 0.031
BTC 68515.51
ETH 3777.39
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.65