THE POLYLEPIS FOREST (PAPER FOREST)

in #discussion6 years ago

Hello friends of steemit, I invite you to meet an amazing place, called the paper forest.

This place is located by El Arenal in the páramo of the Andes that is at an altitude of 4350 meters above sea level, with an extension of 4 hectares. To reach the forest you must walk uphill about half an hour, this walk is not it is simple, on the contrary, it demands a lot of effort, but I can tell you that it is worth doing, because as you go forward we are observing the beautiful places you have and I am increasingly surprised by how wonderful my country is Ecuador small, but great and incredible in everything its nature offers us.

The trees look like a vine where you can walk, you can hang as if we were monkeys, the trees grow up to four meters. There are also local endemic plants such as chuquiragua (treasure of the Andes) plant with beneficial health properties. There grow plants like the loricaria (traditional medicine application and Christmas arrangements), the romerillo (numerous applications in medicine), mosses and lichens.

This wonderful place has endemic species like; the vicuñas, alpacas, llamas and other animals that walk freely through the Chimborazo reserve.

All this sector has large rocks, there is one that serves as a viewpoint and you can observe the king of the Andes, the Chimborazo.

The Cimborazo is the largest snow-covered mountain in the world measured from the center of the earth (6310m)

Well I hope you like it, see you soon.

Sort:  

Congratulations! This post has been upvoted from the communal account, @minnowsupport, by lucia1961 from the Minnow Support Project. It's a witness project run by aggroed, ausbitbank, teamsteem, theprophet0, someguy123, neoxian, followbtcnews, and netuoso. The goal is to help Steemit grow by supporting Minnows. Please find us at the Peace, Abundance, and Liberty Network (PALnet) Discord Channel. It's a completely public and open space to all members of the Steemit community who voluntarily choose to be there.

If you would like to delegate to the Minnow Support Project you can do so by clicking on the following links: 50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP.
Be sure to leave at least 50SP undelegated on your account.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.28
TRX 0.13
JST 0.032
BTC 65231.30
ETH 2943.84
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.66