Weekly Discussion Forum- Bidbots

in #discussion6 years ago

Last week the discussion forum went great, we even got a response from the top witness.

image.png
Source

I just want to make this a place for people who have cool things to share it. It can be posts, reactions, thoughts on the theme. I'll try and make a theme for each week and you can share your opinion on it. It's something new that I want to try out, and hopefully get some engagement. If this goes well, I'll probably create a separate account to host these on and reward those who make meaningful comments.

Each week will have a different theme, but you don't have to talk about the theme at all, it's just something to get the conversation started. We are all a little shy and I hope that having a theme gives you something to say. Themes might repeat but there will be enough time between it for there to be new development on that topic.

So, now that we are done with the introduction, let's get started with this week's theme. BidBots.

Some people love them, others hate them. Some think of them as advertisement. Other think it controls those who can get to trending and only lets the rich become richer and more popular. What do you think? Are you a bot owner with something to share? Are you against them? Why? Do you love them? Why? Let me know and lets discuss about it down in the comments below.

Sort:  

Congratulations!

This post has been granted a 100% upvote, courtesy to @tbaumer2, from BlissFish!
Enjoy the Bliss!

I personally find that bots can be helpful when used correctly. I also find that bots have a big purpose on Steemit, and I think that we are still learning to create to the potential that exists here.

With that, there comes some responsibility in being able to so greatly influence peoples' posts with them, which of course can have its own implications.

@therealwolf, @themarkymark, @fyrstikken, @yabapmatt. You guys all own bidbots, what your thought on the bot and why did you decide to start them?

Congratulations! This post has been upvoted from the communal account, @minnowsupport, by Princess from the Minnow Support Project. It's a witness project run by aggroed, ausbitbank, teamsteem, someguy123, neoxian, followbtcnews, and netuoso. The goal is to help Steemit grow by supporting Minnows. Please find us at the Peace, Abundance, and Liberty Network (PALnet) Discord Channel. It's a completely public and open space to all members of the Steemit community who voluntarily choose to be there.

If you would like to delegate to the Minnow Support Project you can do so by clicking on the following links: 50SP, 100SP, 250SP, 500SP, 1000SP, 5000SP.
Be sure to leave at least 50SP undelegated on your account.

You got voted by @curationkiwi thanks to Princess! This bot is managed by Kiwibot and run by Rishi556, you can check both of them out there. To receive maximum rewards, you must be a member of KiwiBot. To receive free upvotes for yourself (even if you are not a member) you can join the KiwiBot Discord linked here and use the command !upvote (post name) in #curationkiwi.

You got voted by @votefun thanks to Princess. To support development, check out Rishi556. Hosted on the @cryptowithincin discord.

Hi @rishi556!

Your post was upvoted by @steem-ua, new Steem dApp, using UserAuthority for algorithmic post curation!
Your UA account score is currently 3.201 which ranks you at #8287 across all Steem accounts.
Your rank has improved 63 places in the last three days (old rank 8350).

In our last Algorithmic Curation Round, consisting of 471 contributions, your post is ranked at #440.

Evaluation of your UA score:
  • You're on the right track, try to gather more followers.
  • Your contribution has not gone unnoticed, keep up the good work!
  • Try to work on user engagement: the more people that interact with you via the comments, the higher your UA score!

Feel free to join our @steem-ua Discord server

Hi @Rishi556!
I used your votefun bot today, thank you very much for the opportunity!
The bot said to me on discord, i check your profile, to support the development. So i'm here.

Thanks for the support. How do you like it so far? And in which discord did you use it?

I use it on InciBot server, or something familiar name. The project, what belong to @Cryptowithincin.

My english is weak, i dont understand this sentence clear:

How do you like it so far?<

I still do not understand how to use a bidbot. I read the posts about how to use them but do not quite get how to use the bot.

Most bots are as simple as send them x amount of STEEM or SBD with your post link in the memo(most common format is steemit.com link).

Does that really give you a ROI?

Some do, but you might lose also after curation and the way bids go. Just matters on the bot, I say don't try and use bidbots for any other reasons than promotions.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.30
TRX 0.12
JST 0.033
BTC 64386.10
ETH 3142.17
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.98