Sort:  

I think it's hard to calculate, perhaps you don't have kids in school but paying so that other people's kids are in school prevents those kids from robbing you or committing property crimes for 6 hours a day, that could save you a fortune. Maybe you don't use the library but it gives homeless people a place to go instead of standing in front of your place of business scaring away the customers or near your home lowering your property values hanging out near your home. Consider the value of having your employees be able to use public transportation, or the employees of restaurants or hotels you go to, they can pay them less than people who own cars which saves you money.

I think it's hard to calculate, perhaps you don't have kids in school but paying so that other people's kids are in school prevents those kids from robbing you or committing property crimes for 6 hours a day

I pay for schools on 8 pieces of property. Public schools are of such poor quality, that I had to pay for both of my kids to go to private school. Recently three armed juveniles tried to burglarize a house, and threatened the owner. They were shot, while the Police protection we pay for was not yet there. My dogs would shred them, If I didn't get them first.

Maybe you don't use the library but it gives homeless people a place to go instead of standing in front of your place of business scaring away the customers or near your home lowering your property values hanging out near your home.

The library here will not allow access. If they go to the Parks, they are arrested! We are fighting that right now in court, because we help the Homeless, directly!

Line 1 sept 2017.JPG

This is a hot meal we feed them every month to about 325.

Consider the value of having your employees be able to use public transportation, or the employees of restaurants or hotels you go to, they can pay them less than people who own cars which saves you money.

For every dollar we spend on Public transportation we get back $0.50 to $0.10 in actual value. All public transportation does, is make it impossible for private concerns to set up a paying bus route. So instead I have to pay for empty buses that go to places no one wants to ride to. Restaurant employees can NOT use public transportation, because when they finish work it is no longer running. The reason hotels are so expensive, is NOT the wages of the workers, it is the added taxes on each room! When I worked a front desk, the city got $20 of every room I rented. It is significantly Higher now! Dump those taxes, and pay these starving workers more!!!

Government does NOT solve anything; they are overhead, and produce nothing! It is the largest collection of incompetents on the planet. The more government programs we can eliminate, and move to the private sector, the stronger this Republic will become.

We are trying to set up a non profit for the homeless work. IF I Stop feeding them for six months, I can afford the paper work costs...THAT IS JUST SICK!

Recently three armed juveniles tried to burglarize a house, and threatened the owner.

was it during school hours?

The public library is not open to the public?

How exactly did you calculate the return on public transportation?

Of course public transportation does not prevent anyone from setting up private busses, there are loads of private busses. You can ride the Fung Wa bus for like $2 which is a great deal if you don't crash or break down on the way.

Maybe you should go to the city council and make your suggestion about lowering hotel taxes. You might want to consider if having super cheap hotel rooms available would be a good thing or a bad thing for the town. Fleabag motels seem to require a whole lot of police services to deal with all the junkies and whores who reside there.

It is the largest collection of incompetents on the planet

Yup, the government keeps a lot of idiots employed and off the streets and dole.

Our bureaucracies are broken because of the way we fund them, in our paradigm all a public administrator has to do to be successful is spend all of their budget annually and then ask for more. Saving money or only getting level funding are the only way they can fail. Obviously this leads to all the unsustainable growth and shitty results we often see from government.

That's what you learn on the first day of Public Administration yet I had never heard anyone in politics or the government discuss this basic problem that makes everything suck. That was until Donald Trump came along and publicly described that problem.

If in fact we can change that paradigm we could get much better results than we have seen. Sounds like you need to have a fundraiser for your nonprofit.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.29
TRX 0.12
JST 0.033
BTC 64561.16
ETH 3244.42
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.91