You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: How much should pastors or non for profits make?

in #discussion6 years ago (edited)

I full on disagree in terms of charities, but not pastors...

which is why 100% of @YouAreHOPE income from donors goes to mission work. I have a job to feed myself, and steem income from other endeavors. What comes to the Charitable service is used for CHARITY, isn't that the whole point of someone making a donation? It's not to buy me a lambo, while orphans starve. Don't want to live that life? Want to make six figures? Maybe charity isn't the road to choose then.

Personally, I will continue to work here for the REAL good of others. Not via 2 cent bots or lip service to "halping" but via the growth of a tangible, effective network of people helping people - and it's working out great. We've touched and affected hundreds , nearing thousands of lives in nearly a dozen countries now, and not a single person had to make six figures to do it yet.

Pastors however, run a business, a church is very much a business and is not at all the same as "charity" work, so a modest income to enable them to devote the 24/7 full time hours such work entails is logical. But even then, if you want wealth, the Joel Olsteen approach is disgusting. Go build a regular company. If you want to serve? Than modest comfort will suffice.

Sort:  

I see both organizations as a business or a form of a business model, and as you mentioned it is the heart and intention of the leader that makes the difference. As long as the mission, goals, and purpose is transparent to the donors then compensation is relative. People have the choice to donate where they see fit. My best friend would agree with you that some pastors and charity leaders that make six figures isn't align with their work, whereas I don't see a problem with it. Thanks for upvoting all the comments on this post. Save travels cork.

Thanks Kub, I lived to tell some tales. Now if I could only take masterful photos like crimmie.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.25
TRX 0.12
JST 0.030
BTC 69611.55
ETH 3706.33
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.30