You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: How much should pastors or non for profits make?

in #discussion6 years ago

@kubbyelizabeth well we would need to understand the context, some pastors pastor within certain denominations where there are established structures and can pay them. Some other pastors begin their own ministries where they labour for many years, without even earning a salary! but rather investing into the lifes of congregants. I think for such people it is unfair when their congregations grow for them to get remunerated commensurately. Pa storing is also work and a lot goes into it, If a Pastor gets rewarded and get afford luxuries of life, I personally don't see any wrong in that. Most Pastors actually contribute to society more than politicians. The argument of poor people in society is sometimes annoying as even Jesus said " The poor you will always have with you" and even when you provide relieve and aid if people don't manage their resources well, they will end up being poor.

We also tend to forget most pastors also have side businesses because most times the tithes and offerings may not sustain their families. It's wrong thinking to think all churches are mega churches. Certain churches are BROKE

Sort:  

All very true and every situation is different. Thank you for contributing your thoughts, all the points you made could be considered when deciding a salary for the pastor. Pastors are generally very generous with their finances. My best friend and I have different point of views on the matter, but I think we would agree with your statement.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.28
TRX 0.11
JST 0.030
BTC 68342.52
ETH 3806.60
USDT 1.00
SBD 3.63